Boeing is seeking a Supplier Manager (SM) who will support numerous and diverse strategic Boeing programs in the Potomac region by working with Program Management, Procurement Agents, and suppliers to drive strategic goals in the Defense and Intelligence Community fields.
* Working closely with Program Management, Engineering, Procurement Agents, Finance, Contracts, and Business Development to ensure successful integration and support of proposal efforts, contract execution, and supplier management initiatives.
* Support leadership related to Supplier Management strategy, improvement in contracting processes, and resolving issues that may arise.
* Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies that support successful execution of the procurement packages.
* Lead SM early involvement supply chain activities for proposals/new business opportunities, as well as supporting/managing the performance of the Supplier Management Contracting (SMC) organization.
* Present updates directly to Program Sr. Management and Supplier Management Executives.
* Monitors supplier technical, quality, delivery and financial performance to identify potential risks, issues and opportunities.
* Identify and communicates potential risks and issues to SMC partners and Programs.
* Identify and participate in business and costs savings initiatives and business improvement activities.
* Develop Strategic Sourcing Plans Including Teaming and Strategic Work Placement
* Lead all phases of the item acquisition, from requirements definition
You will have experience with Project, Program, or Supplier Management as well as demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skill in supply chain, market, and industry strategy.
You must be motivated and self-driven with limited management direction. In addition, you are expected to be able to use appropriate project management techniques to prioritize, plan and perform the various assignments, and be able to communicate results effectively within and outside the team from peers to executive levels.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
* Technical Bachelor's Degree ( A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.)
* 5 or more years of experience in supplier management, supply chain management, project management, or other related role
* 3 or more years of experience managing/interfacing with suppliers
* Willing and able to obtain a US Government Top Secret Security Clearance
* Current and active Top Secret US Government Clearance preferred
* Program Management experience
* Proposal team experience
* Understanding of Federal and DoD Acquisition policies, processes, and procedures to include FAR, DFAR, and/or other Federal government agency specific acquisition regulations
* Understanding of strategic sourcing processes.
* Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
* Willing and able to obtain a US Government Top Secret Security Clearance; Current and active Top Secret US Government Clearance preferred
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.