Lockheed Martin Corporation
Littleton, CO, United States
Engineering, Sciences, Aerospace
Jul 15, 2021
Oct 28, 2021
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Launch Vehicle Adapter Lead, you can expect to:
• Lead the development of a multi-Space Vehicle (SV) launch dispenser
• Manage subcontracts with suppliers
• Coordinate planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
• Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
• Evaluate and approve design changes, specification and drawing releases
• Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
*This position is contingent upon contract award which is anticipated in September 2021*
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Significant experience with mechanical design and integration knowledge
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience working with other disciplines like stress, dynamics, thermal analysis, production, electronics, systems engineering, etc.
• Prior experience working with suppliers and subcontractors
• Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
• Experience creating cost and schedule projections or Basis of Estimates (BOE)
• Active TS/SCI; US citizenship required
• Practical experience as a Control Account Management (CAM) or delegate
• Prior knowledge and experience with structural analysis of space launch vehicles
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin specifications, tools, and procedures
• Experience working with other Lockheed Martin operating units
• Problem investigation resolution and root cause analysis
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com