Jacobs (Jacobs Engineering Group Inc)
or email this job
to apply later
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
The JSEG Group, visit (link removed)
The Huntsville area, visit (link removed)
We are searching for a senior engineer to provide Systems Engineering support for the SLS vehicle development. Working independently and in an integrated, collaborative team, your responsibilities would be to:
• Provide Systems engineering and related documentation support to the Structures, Dynamics (Loads), Shock, and Vibration team. This team has several SLS Data products that will need to be updated in time to support the SLS milestone reviews including Design Certification Review (DCR), Detailed Verification Objectives (DVO) and Detailed Validation Objectives (DVaO).
• Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key engineers/scientists and officials of other organizations and companies to resolve SLS related structural dynamics and loads analysis critical issues.
• Support requirements derivation and documentation to be archived in the Design and Data Management System (DDMS) database. This support requires initiating and maintaining open communication with customers on specifications and specification change management.
• Ensure integration of processes of methodologies to maintain performance of the total system.
• Deliver presentations of critical issues to Engineering Review Boards and Control Boards.
Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 19 years of experience, Masters with at least 23 years of experience, or BS with at least 25 years of experience.
Required skills and experience:
• The ability to deliberate, advise, advocate, and negotiate the resolution of critical issues.
• Have a Systems Engineering background, preferably with the ability to understand and work with analysts within the Structures team.
• Have the ability to interface between the SLS Systems Engineering organization and the Structures team.
• Have the ability to understand and work within the Configuration Management and Data Management organizational structure and policies/procedures of the SLS Systems Engineering team.
• Experience with a PC and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• To be self-motivated, team players familiar with working in a dynamic work environment.
• Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and independent problem solving skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of current SLS program plans and strategy.
• Familiarity with dynamics analysis of structural systems using strength of materials and finite element based methods.
• Familiarity in structural finite element model development processes and application to structural validation of complex vehicle systems.
• Experience in complex space launch vehicle or aircraft structural requirements verification and validation.
• Familiarity with MSFC system engineering processes.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review career opportunities and to submit your resume, visit (link removed)
• Apply for a Job
• Apply Now
• Search Career Opportunities by:
o Keyword or Requisition Number
o Segment: “ESSCA”
• Click on Search
• Review Career Opportunities
• Click to Register Your Profile
• Submit Your Resume
• Apply to Position(s)
• Set up a Job Alert
Engineering degrees must be from an ABET accredited institution.
1500 Perimeter Parkway Suite 400
Huntsville, AL 35806
Jacobs (Jacobs Engineering Group Inc)
Phone : 256-716-4679
Website : http://www.jacobs.com
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With 2013 revenues of nearly $12 billion, we offer full-spectrum support to industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets. Services include scientific and specialty consulting as well as all aspects of engineering and construction, and operations and maintenance. Our primary markets include: