Lockheed Martin Corporation
Littleton, CO, United States
Oct 12, 2021
Jan 25, 2022
Description: Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration? Do you like seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space’s Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as an OPCoE Opto-Mechanical Engineer.
OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. We are searching for a Mid-level Controls & Mechanisms Engineer with an Opto-Mechanical focus to support our GNC team. In this role you will support optical and directed energy programs by performing research, analysis, design to work effectively and thrive in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. You will have strong communication skills, an excellent analytic skill set enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
Some areas of responsibility include:
• Advanced control and stabilization concepts
• Jitter/beamwalk control
• Wavefront control
• Target detection, tracking, and filtering
We are seeking someone who demonstrates genuine interest in these subjects and who is eager to be mentored by a respected expert in the field. You should demonstrate the ability to to work effectively and thrive in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. You will have strong communication skills, an excellent analytic skill set enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
**Sunnyvale is the preferred location, but the role can be supported in Denver if needed.
You would typically have a related PhD with 0-3 years of professional experience, a Masters with 3-5 years, or a Bachelors with 5-8 years.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Experience with electro-optical sensors and/or optical systems
• Fluency with MATLAB and/or Simulink
• Experience with control system design and analysis
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
• Masters degree or higher in related discipline
• Experience with data acquisition and control software and systems (e.g. National Instruments LabView)
• Experience with control of optical systems including adaptive optics, fast steering mirrors, gimbal systems, jitter/beamwalk controls, target acquisition and tracking.
• Knowledge of multi-input-multi-output (MIMO) controls and advanced control methods.
• Knowledge or experience with real time implementation of control, real time operating systems, FPGA, multi-core, and GPU based devices and highly parallel computation.
• Real time software programming (e.g. C/C or similar)
• Experience with CREO
• Active DoD security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com