Orlando, FL, United States
Feb 03, 2023
Description: Are you seeking a technically challenging and innovative work environment with the opportunity to make a difference by solving the most important global cyber security problems? Come lead a team of talented engineers who help our customers keep people safe through the research, development, and delivery of leading-edge software/hardware security solutions.
As risks to hardware, software, and supply chains continue to rise, the world needs advanced solutions to mitigate growing vulnerabilities. Your leadership of diverse Research & Development (R&D) teams helps to protect platform/weapon systems from increasingly sophisticated threats. Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) Advanced Programs (AP) is seeking a Cyber Architect Senior Manager responsible for leading cyber security and hardware assurance programs. Candidates should be experienced in research, development, and transition of advanced technology within the Department of Defense (DoD) for embedded cyber (i.e. securing systems/software), hardware (i.e. trust/assured microelectronics), or product security (i.e. red teaming, penetration testing, and program assessments of DoD weapon systems). The ideal candidate is an established R&D leader who has experience managing Government Contract Research And Development (CRAD) programs and Internal Research and Development (IRAD) portfolios.
A successful candidate will work effectively throughout the Lockheed Martin organization, both vertically and horizontally, to build strong working team relationships in the advancement of cyber resilient systems. You will demonstrate a strong ability to work across organizational boundaries and jurisdictions and lead cross-discipline technical teams in the development of advanced security solutions.
Lockheed Martin’s vision is to be the global leader in support of our customers' missions, strengthening security, and advancing scientific discovery. Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. We deliver full-spectrum cyber capabilities and cyber resilient systems to our defense, intelligence community, and global security customers. Lockheed Martin is inspired by their missions and dedicated to helping governments and militaries around the world protect their platforms, systems, networks, and data.
Lockheed Martin has a world class benefits package and a Flex 4/10 work schedule where you would have every Friday off!
This position is eligible for the Cyber Compensation Plan (CCP) providing an opportunity to receive additional compensation for performance measured against individual goals.
Relocation assistance is possible for this unique opportunity to either our Orlando, FL or Grand Prairie, TX locations.
• Lead fast-paced, complex research, and advanced technology development projects and teams. A demonstrated leader of Government S&T programs as a R&D Capture or Program or Engineering Manager for cyber, microelectronics, and supply chain security or relevant experience. Experienced in leading teams and developing opportunities from early concept/trend, through proposal submittal, and technical baseline management of new start programs.
• Current knowledge of the DoD S&T (Science & Technologies) environment and acquisition process. Ability to understand and match strategic DoD needs with novel, highly technical, and emerging technologies or relevant experience.
• Team player – Builds effective customer, team, and partner relationships. Effective at organizing and motivating a diverse set of managers and engineers to act as “one” in the pursuit of common objectives. Demonstrated ability to negotiate to a positive outcome with multiple stakeholders.
• An independent worker with a successful track record of managing advanced programs contracts on-cost, on-schedule, and providing high-quality contract deliverables that met or exceeded customer expectations.
• An active Secret clearance; Ability to obtain a Top Secret / Special Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
• Management of Internal Research and Development (IRAD) and Contract R&D (CRAD) programs with Government S&T customers such as: Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Office of Naval Research (ONR), U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC), U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM), Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Intelligence Community (IC), Office of Secretary of Defense Research & Engineering (OSD R&E), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and Classified customers.
• Experience with aerospace, and defense products and services such as sensors, platforms, computing solutions and combat, missile, rocket, manned and unmanned systems.
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary to clearly articulate complex R&D strategies to both internal and external organizational audiences.
• Experienced in managing Government S&T teams, captures, and programs; ideally from early concept identification, thru development/prototyping, and then the integration into customer product lines and core businesses. record.
•Successfully worked across organizations to effectively solve national security issues to include emerging cyber, microelectronics, and DoD/IC market and technology trends. A proven record of helping to win first phase DoD R&D programs and follow-on phases through delivering high-quality technical work products and advanced technology demonstrations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Sign Up Now - AerospaceCrossing.com