Northrop Grumman Corporation
Engineer Mechanical 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy,
and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD and placement will be commensurate with qualifications.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as printed circuit boards, wired chassis assemblies, antenna assemblies cable assemblies, power control units, and electronic component assemblies. Applies
research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems. Participates in product development as a member of a cross-functional integrated product team.
The selected candidate will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings. The selected candidate is expected to be self-motivated, highly-organized, and detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline with 5 years of experience, or Master's Degree and 3 years of experience
- Basic understanding of the Design, Manufacturing and Test processes
- Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) managing Earned Value Management System (EVMS) projects
- Experience as Technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other leadership role to a program office or business function with demonstrated team building, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Active and current Secret government clearance
- Experience directly managing or leading engineering teams
- Problem-solving experience in a team environmentNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.