FLIR Systems, Inc.
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Position will lead a team that provides best in class technical support for G&D BU-Surveillance customer base in both pre-sale and post-sale activities. The team is comprised of technical professionals and engineers that support customers, the business development team, sales operations, and engineering with technical support for orders, proposals, demonstrations, and ad hoc customer inquiries.
This leader will develop and execute plans for ensuring the adequate skill base on the team to cover all technical disciplines including software interface engineering, mechanical installation, electrical integration, environmental testing, command and control/mission system integration, system trouble shooting, and concept of operation for sensors used in airborne, land, and maritime applications.
This leader will manage the demo system inventory and ensure equipment is operationally ready, scheduled for approved and licensed for demonstrations, and accounted for in the demo system inventory tracking system know as CRM Asset Tracking System (CATS).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Schedule staffing to support technical definitions on accepted orders
• Plan staffing to support proposals including review of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI), including review and inputs to product compliance matrices, providing inputs to technical volumes, and coordinating with product engineering and external vendors for proposal support as required.
• Plan staffing and equipment resources to support demonstration activities.
• Continuously develop and implement new processes for efficient management of resources.
• Develop and Execute Staff Development Plan for building team skillsets to be support the business needs.
• Support and plan resources for trade shows as requested by show leads
• Support prototype/first article installations, setup, and configuration as required to ensure program success
• Manage demo asset status to ensure equipment is operational, well maintained, and verified condition/location. Manage inventory audits as required.
• Support product engineering staff for production qualification testing.
• Maintain close communication with staff from Sales Operations, Business Development, and the Proposal team.
Job Qualifications: Include minimum education, work experience, knowledge & skills necessary to perform the functions of the job
• Experience leading a team of technical professionals for three years or more.
• Four Year College Degree in an Engineering discipline (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.).
• Must have excellent communication skills, briefing skills, professional demeanor, and proven track record of establishing and maintaining customer relationships
• US Department of Defense Security Clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
• Ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skillset
• Ability to author and review technical documents for proposals, white papers, and technical briefings.
• Ability to logistically problem solve/trouble shoot complex surveillance system integrations.
Other Qualification: Include any preferred education, work experience, knowledge and skills
• Master’s Degree and/or Business Degree is a plus.
• Significant experience with Surveillance and/or Targeting sensor equipment for Airborne, Maritime, Border Systems, Vehicle, and Man Portable applications.
• Understanding of Communications Standards and Interfaces. Serial RS-422,232, 1553, ARINC, Ethernet, etc. Video over ethernet.
• Knowledge of environmental qualifications including MIL-STD – 461/2, 810, RTCA- 160, 178, etc. and similar
• Familiarity with common video standards, displays, and recorders.
• Aircraft installation standards under FAA, CAA, and EASA.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): List positions that report into this position
• Applications Engineers, Applications Technicians, Demo Asset Managers, 8-10 staff.
Working Conditions: List any working condition requirements (e.g. amount of travel, ability to lift, etc.)
• Role will be office based but with significant time spent in the field at demonstrations, trade shows, and customer meetings.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
FLIR Systems, Inc.
Website : http://www.flir.com