Jacobs (Jacobs Engineering Group Inc)
or email this job
to apply later
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
The JSEG Group, visit (link removed)
The Huntsville area, visit (link removed)
The Liquid Engines Office (LEO) supports the system level design, integration, development, test, qualification, and acceptance of the Space Launch System (SLS), liquid engines. This position will support the LEO at Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
Provide senior level technical support to the Liquid Engine Office. Responsibilities include:
• Coordination of engine system test facility requirements definition and verification
• RL10 requirements management and verification completion
• Coordinates within the NASA community and between NASA and prime contractor teams, participates in planning and review activities, and produces documentation
Provide project and systems engineering and integration support to the Engines Element Office.
• Activities include test planning, data management, project reporting, contractor data integration, and contractor process integration
• Project engineering support includes support of technical/programmatic reviews, performance of evaluations, and liquid propulsion systems expertise necessary to ensure the successful planning, control, and execution of the Engines Element Office
• Provide liquid propulsion systems expertise and analysis
• Provide expert inputs and recommendations to the Engines Element Office Manager relative to the day to day activities including decisions for the planning, design, development, technology maturation, and operational tasks.
• Coordinate support activities to ensure that manpower resources are assigned efficiently to the highest priority task
• Create a support structure around the customer that allows the customer’s office to function effectively without direct guidance/supervision from the customer
• Facilitate the flow of project data through the effective use of the ESD Information Systems (IS) tools including the integration of the hardware contractor into ICE, developing an effective methodology for using IS application programs that addresses items such as the creation and maintenance of master and detailed schedules, task management, reporting, preparing and maintaining documentation, data archiving, and others as the need arises
• Support the Element management including meeting participation and coordination, supporting management briefings, developing presentations and project documentations, as well as supporting other related programmatic activities
• Perform integration functions with other SLS and Engineering organizations
• Provide independent verification and validation (IV&V) assessments of avionics and software requirements, test procedures, and test data
Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Systems Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 14 years of experience, Masters with at least 18 years of experience, or BS with at least 20 years of experience.
• Significant integration experience; extensive knowledge of working with the US Government and Government entities.
• A general knowledge of launch vehicle design and interfaces, system design, system engineering and integration, critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving experience with ground and/or flight hardware.
• Project Engineering and Project Management experience.
• Excellent knowledge of NASA and/or DoD processes and procedures in the areas of Risk Management, liquid engine propulsion systems, and component and systems level testing.
• Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to deliver high impact technical presentations.
• Strong communication skills with a desire to dive in and fully understand issues, concerns, and assess options.
• Experience leading and participating in design reviews, strategic planning, project scheduling and engineering planning is highly desired.
• Risk Management experience.
• Knowledge and understanding related to the development, integration and processes for Launch Commit Criteria (LCC), Operations & Maintenance Requirements (OMR), Logistics Support Analysis, and Ground Support Equipment.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review career opportunities and to submit your resume, visit (link removed)
• Apply for a Job
• Apply Now
• Search Career Opportunities by:
o Keyword or Requisition Number
o Segment: “ESSCA”
• Click on Search
• Review Career Opportunities
• Click to Register Your Profile
• Submit Your Resume
• Apply to Position(s)
• Set up a Job Alert
Engineering degrees must be from an ABET accredited institution.
1500 Perimeter Parkway Suite 400
Huntsville, AL 35806
Jacobs (Jacobs Engineering Group Inc)
Phone : 256-716-4679
Website : http://www.jacobs.com
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With 2013 revenues of nearly $12 billion, we offer full-spectrum support to industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets. Services include scientific and specialty consulting as well as all aspects of engineering and construction, and operations and maintenance. Our primary markets include: