Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
Perform as the Manager of Electro-Optical Technology (EOT) for the Technology Development (TD) directorate of the Advanced Technology Center (ATC). The successful candidate will be a part of the ATC management team reporting into the TD directorate and be responsible for the successful staffing and execution of a broad optics, photonics, and laser based program portfolio. The Manager will own a subset of this portfolio and execute activites in support of the Space Systems Company (SSC), the Corporation, and external customers. The Manager will work with SSC lines of businesses (LOBs), the Optical Center of Excellence (OPCoE), other TD leaders, the Financial and Business Operations group, and the Business Development team to execute these activities.
- Ensure staffing and execution of existing programs within the ATC as well as in the LOBs
- Train and mentor technical staff. Hold staff meetings and ensure that staff are on track with compliance and Ethics training
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating and development of team members.
- Ensure successful cost, schedule and technical performance of select EOT programs
- Serve as program management lead on select activities and as capture manager on select pursuits.
- Develop technical proposals
- Support in management of IRAD and overhead budgets
This position will be located in the Palo Alto, CA area.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering field with an optics focus
- Understanding of design and development of optical and electro-optical systems an their use in applications such as: laser radar, active and passive remote sensing, imaging, hyperspectral imaging, interferometric imaging, directed energy, electronic warfare, optical communications, spectroscopy and atomic and molecular physics.
- Had prior experience as a team lead working with a variety of disciplines (optical designers, optical system engineers, optical-mechanical engineers, S/W, pointing and control engineers) to design and deliver an optical system
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct technical efforts of others in a collaborative engineering environment
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and convey technical information
- Master's or Ph.D in physics, optics, applied physics or electrical engineering
- Business area expert in optics, photonics, lasers, or optical remote sending
- Experience developing flight-qualified and space-qualified hardware, systems and payloads
- Prior experience executing business capture through all phases: customer engagement and opportunity shaping, to proposal generation and submittal
- Strong mentoring skills and experience managing groups of 10-20 individuals
- Active TS/SCI clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Palo Alto California
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS4400 SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.