Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager to support our Special Operations Forces Global Logistics Support Services (SOF GLSS) contract. This program is critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world. Our mission is to rapidly and properly equip the SOF community and its war fighters with the best possible systems and equipment’s anywhere in the world.
This manager position is for the Fixed Wing Systems Engineering section within the Lockheed Martin MFC division at Lexington, KY. The manager will report directly to the Site Director for Engineering and Technology (E&T). This is a senior position that requires a highly motivated individual with demonstrated exemplary communication and technical skills to lead a diverse team of engineers. The candidate should possess extensive knowledge of systems engineering principles/processes/lifecycle and the ability to adapt the same rigor for rapid development projects required by SOF GLSS.
The chosen candidate is expected to perform the following duties for the SOF GLSS contract:
- Manage all staffing needs (direct and contractor) associated with the Fixed Wing Systems Engineering team (including Integration and Test),
- Manage the functional team resources to ensure tasks are prioritized and resourced (Note: Some members of the team will be located at other sites.),
- Support engineering proposal development including Basis of Estimate (BOE) and Schedule
- Coordinate with Cost Account Manager (CAM) to define monthly team inputs in support of project cost and schedule baselines
- Coordinate systems engineering task assignments with the program Chief Engineers and other functional managers/leads as required
- Provide oversight of the team to ensure technical review completion/closeout actions and on-time work product deliveries,
- Review and approve all systems engineering work products and other functional team work products as required,
- Generate and/or refine engineering processes as required,
- Support the Site Director for E&T tasks as required,
- Accredited B.S.in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical)
- Superior Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong Leader with the ability to lead diverse team members
- Experience with implementing Systems Engineering Processes,
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and high work ethic behaviors
- Experience leading and working with subcontractors and the military customer
- Effective presentation skills, ability to develop messages, training and compelling strategies to produce solutions
- Ability to travel when required
- Accredited M.S.in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical)
- Experience leading a diverse team to produce results on-time in the face of competing priorities,
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership Behavior,
- Experience supporting the US Air Force Customer,
- Leadership experience in systems engineering disciplines.
Active Secret Clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS8806 MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Job Class :
Systems Engineering: Design and Verification
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.