Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
This position will support the F-16 Program at Balad Air Base in Iraq.
The selected individual shall manage and be responsible for the daily operation of the Quality Department and effective utilization of the site Quality Management System (QMS) at Balad Air Base in Iraq. Supervise Quality Assurance Inspectors and Collateral Duty Inspectors (CDIs) that inspect aircraft O-level and limited I-level maintenance, servicing, and repair to ensure that aircraft are in sound mechanical condition and safe for flight. Conduct or supervise investigations of any quality related nonconformity, incident, accident, mishap or infraction. Ensure that good housekeeping is enforced both on the flight line and back shops. Conduct or supervise internal process audits ensuring compliance to local written procedures, customer requirements, and local command media. Responsible for identifying areas of the QMS that could be improved. Gather and report quality assurance inspection and audit data to senior leadership and ensure corrective actions are effective and preventative. Responsible for inspector training, performance assessments, work assignments, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Provide technical assistance as required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting. Must have a valid driver’s license, and U.S. passport. Must be willing to relocate/deploy to Iraq.
- Must have at least 5 years of recent aircraft maintenance experience on F-16 aircraft.
- Must have at least 1 year of QA supervisory experience in an O-level maintenance environment, either within the aerospace industry and/or the military.
- Must have been previously awarded an USAF 7 to 9 level rating or the Marine/Navy Level IV MATMEP rating.
- Ability to evaluate process compliance, write/review Corrective Action/Preventative Action reports, perform root cause analysis, and validate quality processes, responses, and plans.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to integrate a cooperative, resolution-focused quality function into the maintenance environment.
- Experience with aerospace ground equipment (AGE); Hazardous Waste Management programs; safety programs; maintenance information system; formal/on-the-job training methods; tool & FOD industry standards; equipment calibration procedures; general security procedures.
- Able to read/interpret engineering drawings/instructions; system schematics/blueprints; and technical policy/maintenance instructions.
- Experienced User of the Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Possess effective communication skills for coordinating with Aircraft Managers/Supervisors, Field Service Reps, System Engineers, Maintenance Logistics Support Managers, Customer and maintainers regarding quality issues, Instrumentation System Integration, Deficiency Analysis/Reporting, customer complaints, and other issues related to higher quality as they occur.
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to speak or communicate in Arabic
- Ability to work in a diverse work culture
- Aircraft weight and balance experience.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
QA/Test and Inspection
Foreign Location :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
ODDF- 8 hr days Sun-Thu; Fr/Sa off
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.