Jacobs (Jacobs Engineering Group Inc)
or email this job
to apply later
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
The JSEG Group, visit (link removed)
The Huntsville area, visit (link removed)
The MSFC Human Exploration Development and Operations (HEDO) Office manages and performs human-rated space projects and tasks and conducts mission and scientific payload operations. Within the HEDO Office, Cross Program Systems Integration includes supporting the system level design, integration, development, test, qualification, and acceptance of the Space Launch System (SLS), Multi-purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV), and Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO), and Deep Space Gateway and Transportation (DSG&T) Programs.
This includes, but is not limited to the:
• Provide systems engineering support to the NASA Exploration Systems Division/Cross-Program Systems Integration (CSI) Team.
o This includes, but is not limited to the:
development of and support to the CSI Project products, tasks, activities, and risk management
reviewing and helping to solve testing and developmental issues for the propulsion systems, core stage, upper stage, and other vehicle stages as required
review planning and coordination for design, manufacturing, hardware assembly and checkout of test article subsystems; providing support and reviewing change packages for design and development; and other systems engineering and integration tasks as required
• Develop, maintain, and integrate verification and validation (V&V) documentation from draft to baseline.
• Perform integration across multiple disciplines, organizations, and systems.
• Develop and maintain verification planning.
• Track and control verification compliance data and status.
• Support the processing and approval of verification closures.
Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Physics or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
• Significant experience in Systems Engineering/Systems Management, including experience in Systems/Technical Integration.
• Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experience supporting launch vehicle/payload development programs (e.g. Constellation/Ares).
o SE&I experience should include knowledge and experience in working flight test objectives, defining flight test strategies, verification and validation activities, systems requirements management, test development and integration, support to design/requirements analysis cycles (RACs/DACs), and major program milestone reviews.
o SE&I experience should include working with the development of launch vehicles and large-scale programs producing cross-program SE&I activities, technical assessments, and products.
o Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) experience should include knowledge and experience in working with design reference missions (DRMs), Concept of Operations (ConOps), requirements and advanced concept designs, and support to design/requirements analysis cycles (RACs/DACs) and major program milestone reviews.
o SE&I experience should include working with the development of technology pull assessments, as well as extensibility, commonality, and affordability studies along with general SE&I support.
• Personnel who are pro-active, good communicators, organized, and skilled with Microsoft Project/Office/Access products. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Previous experience working with the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate Exploration Systems Division/Cross Systems Integration is preferred.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review career opportunities and to submit your resume, visit (link removed)
• Apply for a Job
• Apply Now
• Search Career Opportunities by:
o Keyword or Requisition Number
o Segment: “ESSCA”
• Click on Search
• Review Career Opportunities
• Click to Register Your Profile
• Submit Your Resume
• Apply to Position(s)
• Set up a Job Alert
Engineering degrees must be from an ABET accredited institution.
1500 Perimeter Parkway Suite 400
Huntsville, AL 35806
Jacobs (Jacobs Engineering Group Inc)
Phone : 256-716-4679
Website : http://www.jacobs.com
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With 2013 revenues of nearly $12 billion, we offer full-spectrum support to industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets. Services include scientific and specialty consulting as well as all aspects of engineering and construction, and operations and maintenance. Our primary markets include: