Lockheed Martin Corporation
Littleton, CO, United States
Engineering, Aerospace, Security Clearance
Jul 30, 2022
Nov 12, 2022
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Systems Engineer to become a member of the Bus Center of Excellence (Bus COE) team.
In this role, you will:
• Establish and maintain spacecraft hardware configuration and interfaces across the vehicle
• Lead and perform technical analysis of complex system problems and develop solutions to those problems
• Lead mechanical integration, test planning, and test execution
• Find and drive opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies
• Ensure the end-to-end compatibility of mechanical interfaces throughout the spacecraft, to include establishing and maintaining pointing and alignment budgets
• Lead studies and system trades for enhanced capabilities
• Participate in and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
• Lead and participate in failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
• Knowledge and application of Systems Integration functions, including one or more of the following:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
• Experience with hardware development at the component, subsystem, or system level
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Ability to interact with hardware developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• US Citizenship with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
• 12 years with spacecraft/missile design, development, integration, or test, with broad based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
• Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
• Mechanical Design experience
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical structures or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• CAD Proficiency (I-DEAS, Creo, etc.)
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to drive coordinated resolution to issues across multiple work locations and organizational structure
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the proven ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com