Orbital ATK Inc.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it's a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world's leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation's largest manufacturer of ammunition.\r
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.\r
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.\r
Use general knowledge of vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion, classical/modern control and estimation theory to conduct difficult aerospace engineering tasks. Work under general direction from program manager and senior engineer. Collaborate with others to determine best means to achieve objectives. Plan and conduct aerospace engineering work that includes evaluation, selection and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.\r
• Design Guidance algorithm: Guidance Law, Trajectory Optimization, Flight Vehicle Autonomy; Navigation algorithm: Initial Alignment, Strapdown Propagation, INS filter, Multi-Sensor Data Fusion; Flight Control algorithm: Trim Point Selection, LTI Trim and Maneuver Analysis, Non-linear Dynamic Analysis; Tracking algorithm: Angle Only Tracking, Maneuvering Target Tracking, Multi-Target Tracking, Track File Manager. Verify all performance.\r
• Design test matrix for CFD or Wind Tunnel. Conduct CFD and Wind Tunnel tests. Evaluate test results. Verify aerodynamic coefficient table and model in the simulation.\r
• Architect high-fidelity multiple degree-of-freedom flight/orbital mechanics and vehicle dynamics simulation; modeling of navigation sensors in the Monte Carlo simulation; target dynamics, sea state, wind and terrain modeling in the simulation. Evaluate simulation output versus actual test data.\r
• Architect modeling of targeting sensors in the Monte Carlo simulation. Evaluate simulation output versus actual targeting sensors' output.\r
• Architect flight vehicle system conceptual designs and modeling & simulation for trade studies, initial requirements definition, and contribute to proposal efforts.\r
• Architect propulsion systems including electric, rocket, air-breathing and attitude control thruster. Evaluate simulation output versus actual test data.\r
• Architect modeling of actuation systems as well as design of test equipment to demonstrate actuation system performance meet requirement.\r
Education and Experience\r
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.\r
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'll be amazed at what you can do!\r
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.\r
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Orbital ATK Inc.
Website : http://www.orbitalatk.com/
As a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies, Orbital ATK designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world both as a prime contractor and as a merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; satellites and associated components and services; composite aerospace structures; tactical missiles, subsystems and defense electronics; and precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, Orbital ATK employs more than 12,500 people in 20 states across the U.S. and several international locations.