Pasadena, CA, United States
Engineering, It, Aerospace, Security Clearance
Systems Engineer w/Active TS/SCI Clearance
Roles and responsibilities
US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI & Polygraph Eligible is required to be considered for this position
Estimated duration of 10 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer IV
As Systems Engineer you will apply systems engineering best practices to the development of Ground System capabilities for the project Ground team. Will report programmatically to the Ground Data System Manager. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team (JPL, government and industry) planning, developing and implementing a complex, sophisticated integrated ground system. Will be accountable for engaging on systems engineering activities for the ground system across multiple technical interchanges, meetings and boards. Will track critical deliverables, ensuring the quality, accuracy, and integrity of those deliverables in compliance with JPL standards and project plans and policies. Will possess strong verbal, written and presentation skills as this position requires interaction with various levels of JPL management. Travel is required 10% of the time or less.
• The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America
• Candidate must have a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
• A United States Government administered polygraph examination will be given to the selected candidate; he/she must pass it to maintain employment in this position
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, EE, CS, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: mission operations systems, ground data systems, end to-end information systems (EEIS), system verification and validation (V&V), and system-level integration and test (I&T).
• Participate in ground system and operations development lifecycle activities, including requirements management, V&V and training activities.
• Develop Ground and Mission Operations documentation including technical presentations
• Participate in the design and execution of the Integrated Ground V&V campaign
• Support Configuration Management of ground and operations products
• Support development of task plans and schedules
• Support program milestones
• Interface with customer and subcontractors
• Use DOORs in support of systems engineering activities
• Use ground software in support of mission operations activities
• Be able to work independently
Desired Skills :
• Direct experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycle
• Knowledge and experience in applicable DoD policies and procedures pertaining to Ground Systems and Mission Operations
• Experience in working external technical interfaces
• Experience in testing ground software
• Experience in Linux and Python
Number of positions