Responsible for leading and supervising a team of engineers supporting military depot maintenance repairs.
* Serve as supervisor of assigned staff with responsibilities to include hiring of employees, monitoring performance, administering disciplinary action, separation of employment, and resolution of employee related issues regarding assigned staff.
* Provide direct interface with Northrop Grumman's managers, directors, and vice presidents. Coordinate the group's activity by providing technical support, supervision, and guidance primarily supporting aircraft manufacturing personnel by development of repair concepts to address defects exceeding existing published Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) repair data.
* Develop well-defined Northrop Grumman statements of work from limited customer-provided data and aircraft specifications. Responsible for the engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) to substantiate engineering developed repairs.
* Provide proper distribution of tasks and labor to ensure that schedule and budgets are met.
* Interface with other Northrop Grumman departments to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met.
* Set department objectives, assign projects and evaluate group(s) work for content and conformity with customer and Northrop Grumman requirements.
* Maintain involvement in day-to-day Northrop Grumman operations to ensure that the highest level of engineering support is maintained at all times. Coordinate in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, or other outside agencies to promote and support Northrop Grumman's technical & commercial interests.
* Prepare and implement department operating and capital budget.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific field and ten (10) years' experience in aircraft/aerospace engineering MRO repairs, commercial or military.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a secret US government clearance.
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware, and proper applications in design.
* Must also possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D computer modeling, or other analytical substantiation techniques.
* Must possess knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project.
* Must be able to travel.
* Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, service bulletins, etc.
* Must be able to sit and work effectively in an approved work environment for extended periods.
Master's degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or Business Administration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit ****U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.