Unschedule Maintenance (UMT) - Avionic/Electronic Technician - Travel-PH1819
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft's Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 250 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will
Travel to customers' aircraft to perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of customers' aircraft, electrical and electronic equipment. Performs and documents all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Will also be required to assist the Tech UMT A&P where applicable. Working conditions include considerable travel, which may include international and extended assignments, with frequent face to face contact with customers. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned maintenance may be required.
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist in other maintenance disciplines - Airframe,Powerplant, Structures, Composites etc.
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Conduct mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Create service orders with SAP
- Provide time estimates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Create service orders with SAP
- Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations
- Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts
As our ideal candidate,
- You have completed an Avionics / electric A/C Technical School or other substantiated equivalent
- You would typically have a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You would typically have a minimum of 2 year experience on corporate jet aircraft
- You would typically have a minimum of 1 year experience on Bombardier Business aircraft.
- You have an A Certification, P Certification, A&P Certification
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status with customers at all levels
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with 2 hours' notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers
- You must have a valid drivers' license and be able to maintain insurable status
- You have the ability to work unsupervised and alone
- You have strong troubleshooting skills
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You possess a valid passport with the ability to travel internationally
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have the ability to obtain a Bombardier Corporate Credit Card and stay good in standing of guideline requirements
- You have basic PC Skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- You have Bombardier aircraft model experience
- You have an FCC Certificate, GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate
- You have previous experience in Customer Relations with emphasis on face to face contact
- You have the ability to train other employees
- You have strong planning / organization skills
- You are Delegated Inspector eligible
- You have experience with aircraft return to service and inspection procedure
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
JOB: Aviation Technicians
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CT-Hartford
Zip Code US 06096
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
Job Posting: 16.05.2018, 7:59:14 PM
31.05.2018, 3:59:00 AM
Website : http://www.bombardier.com
We look far ahead to see and shape the future of mobility. Our goal is to continuously find better ways to bridge distances and bring people together. Across cities, countries and the globe. This is our passion. As the world’s only manufacturer of planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.