Lockheed Martin Corporation
Centennial, CO, United States
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Program Planning leadership team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Centennial, CO has an immediate opportunity for Master Program Planner Associate Manager to join our mission. To be successful in this role, you must have a strong background in program planning as it relates to the development and management of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and its alignment with industry standards for program performance management compliance.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• You will provide a level of expertise that improves the program’s preparation and performance by instituting best practices through the program life cycle
• You will be responsible for program outreach and communication and building strong and effective relationships with program personnel.
• Through a high level of customer service and strong communication/networking skills you will interface with senior and executive management as well as program personnel across all functional teams including Finance, Planning, Operations, Subcontracts and Engineering.
• You will partner with Program Management and directs all phases of program planning from inception through completion. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• You will architect, prepare, and develop the Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule to meet all program strategic objectives; be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution; lead proposal preparation planning including development of planning artifacts for solicitation response; interface with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator; work with the technical community, operational community and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline; develop a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute the program.
• You will provide leadership or direction to other program planners; devise modeling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline; perform time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
• 8 years of prior program planning experience
• Experience managing teams
• Earned Value Management knowledge in Planning or Finance
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain government security clearance at the Secret level
• Previous aerospace planning/scheduling experience in a lead role on programs requiring EVMS
• Previous experience working competitive proposals as a lead in developing the Integrated Management Plan/Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS)
• Expert knowledge in Earned Value Management
• Expert in Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Experience with @Risk, OnePager Pro
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Experience with Data Driven Metric compliance requirements and surveillance
• Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.