Northrop Grumman Corporation
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking managers for its Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization for Central Region Engineering (CRE) at our Rolling Meadows, IL location. Positions exist for managers of Integration and Test engineers.
The SEIT organization supports Radio Frequency and Infra-Red Electronic Warfare products, Airborne Tactical Sensor products, and Automated Test Equipment products. The selected candidate will be responsible for a team of approximately thirteen highly skilled SEIT engineers. This is a dual role position, so the candidate will spend part of their time managing a team and part of their time working system and integration and test engineering activities for programs.
The responsibilities associated with managing a team include:
- Functional oversight for a team of SEIT engineers within Integration & Test (I&T) working multiple initiatives, primarily across the Land & Avionics C4ISR division, including follow-on contracts, new business growth opportunities, internal research and development, and capital projects.
- Leadership for support and adherence to standard SEIT processes and the oversight of cost, schedule, and technical quality for SEIT execution on supported programs, including functional reviews for major milestone events (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc) and proposals as applicable.
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs; management and execution of employee performance review processes; and leadership and execution for a multitude of functional management processes.
- Recruiting of new talent to meet staffing commitments.
- Active participation in the RM SEIT initiatives including Model Based System Engineering (MBSE), Product Line Architecture (PLA), and Agile implementation that provide a competitive advantage for our customers.
- Where appropriate, interface with the customer as the face of Northrop Grumman.
- The primary focus of the department includes system integration, verification, and validation.
The successful candidates will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. These candidates will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
These candidates will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidates will work closely with the managers of other engineering disciplines as well as program directors/managers. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
The position may include up to 25% travel.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 7 yearsÃ¢â¬â¢ related experience preferably in an aerospace or defense oriented engineering environment.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills along with proven success working in an integrated product team environment.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- Functional management experience leading teams, especially in a Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test role.
- Minimum of 5 yearsÃ¢â¬â¢ experience working in a systems engineering, integration, and test environment.
- Minimum of 5 yearsÃ¢â¬â¢ experience with electronic warfare, EO/IR, laser, or related defense systems.
- Knowledge and working experience with the Land & Avionics C4ISR missions.
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Office, MATLAB, Simulink, Model Driven Engineering (MDE), and Agile techniques.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Website : http://www.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.