Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
The Development Flight Center (DFC) based in Jupiter, Florida is the flight test arm of the Test and Evaluation branch, within the Sikorsky Engineering and Technology (E&T) organization. The DFC is the center of excellence for Sikorsky flight testing. The DFC team is comprised of approximately 500 employees and contractors engaged in: Flight Test Engineering, Instrumentation, Flight Operations, and Program Management. The DFC has extensive facilities including: runway, flight test pads, hangars, labs, machine shop, warehouse, and telemetry capability. Additionally the DFC team supports extensive off-site flight test efforts at multiple locations, both domestic and international.
The charter of the DFC is to safely develop and certify new aircraft designs and modifications. At any point in time there are approximately 20 aircraft in active flight test, accumulating a total of 1500 to 2000 flight test hours per year.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for advancing the flight test capabilities of the DFC and providing the needed staff, facilities and technologies to support the many active programs at Sikorsky Aircraft. Additionally the GM is tasked with finding synergies and opportunities across the Lockheed Martin Corporation to best leverage the capabilities of all.
This position reports to the Director of Test and Evaluation and is based at the facility in Jupiter, Florida. It is anticipated the position will require approximately 20% travel.
The successful candidate will have a balanced mix of skills and experiences including the following required qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Must be a US citizen; dual citizenship is not permitted.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a US Government secret clearance.
- Experience managing an organization of 100 or more.
- Familiarity with the aircraft operating environment, with a strong emphasis on flight safety.
- Familiarity with the flight test process for data collection / AC certification.
- Strong leadership, team building and communication skills.
- As the most senior executive at this location, the candidate has to have the ability to make and execute decisions autonomously, representing LMCO to the workforce and the community at large. Of special note, the site is shared with UTC and the GM has to coordinate with UTC on matters such as access, emergency response, utilities, and facilities.
- Ability to represent the DFC to many VIPs including FAA, US military, international customers, suppliers, and LMCO leadership.
- Ability to work with program management and customers to develop strong program plans and to address/resolve issues and conflicts as they arise.
- Access to US Government contracts.
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget.
- Must be available to support aircraft operations seven days per week.
- Ability to travel to offsite test operations, both domestic and international.
- Experience managing an organization of 500 or more.
- Graduate degree or pilot’s license is a plus.
- An understanding of helicopter design, manufacture, and missions.
- Technical background in mechanical systems, avionics systems and / or data acquisition systems.
- Experience with managing a union represented workforce.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.