Huntsville, AL 35801
Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) team is a high performing group executing challenging tasks to design and integrate GN&C systems for projects ranging from CubeSats to NASA's Space Launch System (SLS).
To be successful in this position, the applicant must be detail oriented, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to:
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of GN&C system products.
* Understand the relationship between GN&C products and other integrated systems.
* Derive GN&C system requirements to support program requirements and objectives.
* Define verification activities and success criteria to demonstrate requirement compliance.
* Collect, evaluate, interpret, and present verification results and compliance status.
* Create, edit and debug software written in C/C .
* Work with GN&C engineering leads and other engineering disciplines.
* Create and review engineering documentation.
* Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in:
-Guidance, navigation and control.
-Space craft and launch vehicle systems.
-Aerospace and/or defense industry.
-Human rating certification.
-Matlab and Simulink.
-Model based design.
* Educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., a Masters with at least 2 years of experience, or a BS with at least 6 years of experience. Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution.
* Requires travel in the domestic USA (
* Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Website : http://www.geocent.com
At Geocent, we strive to be an invaluable part of our client’s organizations, advancing them beyond their expectations. Geocent’s employees are passionate about what they do. This passion translates into consistent results and strong, long-lasting partnerships between Geocent and our clients. We are an award winning business providing technology and engineering solutions that help our clients improve their performance and achieve their goals. Since 1992, through experience, innovation, commitment, and reliability, we have steadily earned our clients’ trust. We are guided by a clear mission and strong core values, and are committed to cultivating a creative and diverse working environment focusing on high employee and client satisfaction. Our clients include federal, state, and local government agencies as well as large and mid-size commercial organizations. Our experienced management team and employees have strong ties to our communities, both in business and in philanthropy. This is evidenced by our frequent company-sponsored fund raisers and membership in local organizations and perennial inclusion as one of New Orleans CityBusiness magazine's Best Places to Work.