The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an experienced Systems Engineering Engineer (Level 3) to join the H-47 Engineering team located in Ridley Park, PA. This position will perform systems safety engineering and analyses for the H-47.
The selected candidate will have an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced team of system safety professionals and grow their knowledge of military rotorcraft systems. As a system safety engineer the candidate will experience the big picture when it comes to defense operations and witness the complexities of the defense industry life-cycle from conceptual development through design, as well as test and into sustainment.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
* Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
* Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
* Performs analyses for system safety into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success
* Develops and supports system safety risk assessments
* With general direction, identifies, analyzes and controls hardware and software hazards
* Prepares system safety documentation and technical reports
* Develops and delivers oral and written system safety and risk presentations to peers, program management, customers and regulatory agencies
* Contributes to the development of system safety processes, methods and tools
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
* Bachelor's of Science degree or higher in an engineering classification
* Experience working within a team environment with first-time quality
* 2+ years experience with MS Office tools - Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
* Rotorcraft product and/or product support experience
* Experience providing briefings to senior and/or executive level management
* Experience with system design & integration, operational procedures, hazard identification and requirements, to prevent or control mishap risk throughout the life of the product
* Experience with system safety analysis
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is based in Ridley Park, PA and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.