BAE Systems plc
Job Description The EW-IMC Pilot Line - Producibility / NPI Engineer is a Design for Excellence (DFX) practitioner, with expertise in:
- Design For Manufacturability (DFM),
- Design For Testability (DFT),
- Design To Unit Production Cost (DTUPC), and
- Transition to Production (TTP) methods, tools, and best practices.
The Electronic Warfare Integrated Manufacturing Center (EW-IMC) Pilot Line is responsible for first unit builds of new circuit card assembly (CCA) and Line Replaceable Module (LRM) hardware products, including the development and maturation of build processes and tooling required for full-rate production.
The EW-IMC - Producibility Engineer is responsible for first unit builds of new CCAs and LRM hardware designs on the new EW-IMC Pilot line, including the development and maturation of build processes and tooling required for full-rate production. The EW-IMC Pilot Line - Producibility Engineer will also perform as a liaison between the EW-IMC Pilot line team and the hardware engineering organization to optimize both production processes and CCA / LRM Final designs. This Engineer is responsible for engaging with design engineering to focus on affordability and producibility activities early in the design process, while also driving technology trends into our factories to maximize design flexibility, increasing manufacturing capability, and lowering production costs.
The EW-IMC Line - Producibility Engineer will functionally report to the Product Producibility and Launch (P2L) Capability Group (CG) Director, within the US Defense Hardware Engineering Organization. For program execution, he/she will report to the EW-IMC Pilot Line Lead within the ECS Operations organization and will be a working member of the EW-IMC Pilot Line team. In this role, he/she will serve as the P2L CGs focal point and is charged with providing technical leadership, support, and direction for new product introduction (NPI) designs intended to be transitioned into Operations from Engineering.
Core responsibilities include:
- Providing input on CCA and LRM design and process capabilities as required.
- Supporting development of CCA and LRM manufacturing capabilities.
- Proactively identifying manufacturing trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure projects achieve commitments.
- Serving as conduit between the Engineering team and the Operations Pilot line team for resolving technical problems and for providing rapid prototyping technical support.
- Serving as conduit to necessary groups, to include Advanced Manufacturing, Process/Test Engineering, and Product Engineering.
- Serving as a point of contact for early input on new capabilities required to support upcoming designs.
- Owner for communications of factory/NPI lessons learned across programs.
- Participating in proposal, and cost estimating activities in support of proposals.
- Supporting Proof of Design (POD) and Proof of Manufacturability (POM) activities on the EW-IMC Pilot Line.
- Providing process capability assessments - such as Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRAs), or Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs) for EW products.
- Understanding design margins and predict factory and supplier yields through CpK analysis.
- Understanding and implements a zero defect mentality.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelors Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree and 6 year(s) related experience
- Capable of leading NPI efforts on small/medium project teams
- Background in product development, DFM, DFT, New Product Introduction (NPI) to rate manufacturing, manufacturing process, and manufacturing readiness
- Practical understanding of Circuit Card and/or Final Area (LRM) factory capabilities and processes
- Practical understanding of product development and the DoD product development lifecycle
- Background in engineering and manufacturing principles
Preferred Skills and Education
- Circuit Card factory experience with factory pilot line experience as a plus
- Experience with DTUPC and DFM/DFT tools
- EW / Defense Electronic manufacturing and test experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 36580BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the worlds most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
- Nashua, NH
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
BAE Systems plc
Website : http://www.baesystems.com/
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 88,200 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.