Project Engineer (Ronkonkoma, NY ) S8027358
6 Month contract
Pay Rate: $45-50/hr W2
Note: Requires Active Secret Clearance
Missile Products Division, located in Ronkonkoma, NY is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with min 4 years of experience in the development of propulsion test hardware. Project engineers will participate on integrated product teams (IPTs) to develop, verify and produce propulsion test hardware and components.
Specific responsibilities may include:
1. Work closely with IPT members to develop mechanical designs for propulsion test hardware and components
2. Assist in oversight of hardware development, manufacturing and testing
3. Work closely with vendors and systems engineers to ensure that hardware requirements are met within schedule and budget.
4. Work closely with manufacturers to ensure that design intent is met in manufacturing of prototype parts.
5. Serve as liaison between design and manufacturing elements of the IPT.
6. Serve as liason between manufacturing and test elements of the IPT.
7. Document design and manufacturing status and testing results as needed.
Requires a BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
Ability to work within a team with various disciplines
Ability to present complex technical concepts to audiences with a broad range of technical experience
Candidates must be proficient in Power Point, Word, and Excel
Project Engineer candidates must be proficient in NX
Candidates must be U.S. citizens