Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
The Hercules Training Center (HTC) Pilot Instructor maintains instructor qualification and currency to include academic training utilizing electronic mediated lecture and/or interactive courseware and instructs flight procedures in flight training devices executing to the approved training syllabi for both commercial LM-100J and military sales C-130J customers. The candidate must be physically able to provide the complete range of required instruction in a full motion simulator while standing for extended periods of time. Simulator instructor duties include the ability to provide instruction while operating the instructor operating station. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
The Pilot Instructor monitors his/her students training for continuity and standardization and ensures course standards, training requirements and objectives are met; provides feedback and completes student gradebooks IAW HTC policy and procedures.
The HTC Pilot Instructor is a subject matter expert ensuring all training, courseware and publications are current. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the Lockheed Martin courseware production staff to ensure timely courseware updates as required.
The successful candidate will implement and support Lockheed Martin initiatives, programs and policies as directed.
Work location will be the Marietta, GA Hercules Training Center site.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 7 years’ combined experience in military airlift and FTU operations or a Master’s degree and 4 years’ combined experience in military airlift and FTU operations.
- Minimum of 1500 hours C-130 Flight Time with at least 250 hours as pilot in command, 500 hours cross country, 100 hours night and 75 hours instrument time
- Ability to obtain/maintain CFII, FAA Designated Flight Examiner certification and an L-382J Type Rating
- Current or former (within the last 3 years) fully mission qualified, C-130J Instructor Pilot (IP) or former fully mission qualified C-130 E/H IP with recent (within the last 3 years) C-130J academic and simulator instructor experience in both qualification and mission
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-functional and diverse environments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong oral & written communication abilities, solid ability to organize, and a high desire to provide customer satisfaction.
- Able and willing to support flexible work hours
- Able to attain and/or maintain a U.S. Secret security clearance
- Prior experience delivering Military Pilot Academic and Simulator Training a plus.
- CFII, Commercial L-382 Type Rating
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
Hercules Training Center
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.